Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem downloading software. Network connection timed out

I'm trying to restore ipad mini to delete "other" data and I continue to get this message:

There was a problem downlading the software for the iPad. The network connection timed out. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active or try again later.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.8.5 and iTunes 11.1.5. Firewall is turned off. Don't know what else to check.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 9:17 PM

4 replies

Sep 13, 2016 12:03 PM in response to ChrisBedford

I have the same problem, I didn't change anything in my network settings, any OTHER network connections work as before, but since (probably the same iOS 9) I'm not able to upgrade iPhone iOS through iTunes on Mac OS X. Download of new iOS starts, it downloads full image, but at the end it says : "There was a problem downlading the software for the oPhone ...... The network connection timed out. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active or try again later."

I have no other internet problems, using the same internet provider MORE years ago than the problems appear.

WHY ?????? A few years?

Problem downloading software. Network connection timed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.