Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My older iMac can not view iPhoto albums from my newer macbook pro

I have a great IMac 20" medio 2007 with osx 10.7.5

I tried to upgrade to Mavericks but it doesnt seem to download...It does say machine should be from mid 2007. Not sure when in 2007 this one is from, but the problem is my wife uses it and I use a newer Macbook Pro which has a slightly newer version of IPhoto because it is running mavericks. I want to share our iphoto libraryies via IPLM, but since this has a slightly older version of Iphoto, it wont accept any photos from my macbook pro. If my only option exporting photos from the newer version and losing all metadata, and then importing into the older version? Is there anyway to downgrade my new version back to the same as this (9.4.3)

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 2, 2014 11:53 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2014 1:12 AM in response to James Fernald

If my only option exporting photos from the newer version and losing all metadata, and then importing into the older version?

You don't have to lose all metadata - in fact you can lose none, except Faces.

This User Tip

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4921

has details of the options in the Export dialogue.

An earlier version can't open a later version's library. Not every version of iPhoto will run on Mavericks, so you might be between a rock and a hard place there. That said, you can revert a library with iPhoto Library Manager - see the Help on the app for details.

My older iMac can not view iPhoto albums from my newer macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.