Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log out from my previous iCloud account...

Hey everyone,

I've been stuck with this problem since I changed my email adress of my apple ID since my previous email adress is shut down.

Now that I have changed it, my macbook is asking me to log into icloud with my apple ID, but with my old e-mail adress, which does not exist anymore.

I can't change my e-mail to my new one unless I log out of icloud which I tried, but it says that I have to turn off all the icloud applications on my mac before it can log out. But this is not possible since I can not log into my old icloud account (the one with my shut down email adress)

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 12:05 AM

11 replies

Mar 3, 2014 8:13 AM in response to Csound1

what do you mean?

I go to

settings > icloud > log out

Then it says that I have to turn off all my icloud applications and try again later, but I can't turn them off, because it is my previous email adress and I have to fill in my password for that, which is changed as I changed my email adress.

So I can't log out from my old email and I can't log in with the new one.

Mar 3, 2014 9:09 AM in response to Csound1

Yes I tried that, 2 options:

- e-mail verification (which I can't choose because the email is shut down)

- Answering security questions. But I can't get through the screen where I have to fill in my date of birth. It says that the verification data that I gave are not the same as the data in their file. Verify your personal data and try again.

I will go to the apple store, thank you for the advise 🙂

I can't log out from my previous iCloud account...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.