Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie won't export to iDVD...why?

I have a project in iMovie 9.0.9 and I want to send it to iDVD to burn a disk. It worked fine on another project last week and now it doesn't. iDVD opens, but nothing is there. I can't find the converted project. Where does it get saved? Do I have to manually drop it into iDVD?

I do not want to move this project over to the new iMovie version because I believe it isn't as good as the old version.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 12:28 AM

Hi

Most probably a corrupted pref file.

BUT

Share to iDVD - is no good way to go - the DVD will not be as good as it can be from iMovie'11 (9.0.9)

Do: Share to Media Browser - and as MEDIUM - HD will not improve either as iDVD does a bad job in Scaling Down.

Then in iDVD - You find Your movie under the Media button (down to the right) and here Movies.

Use a name that is easy to remember - You can change it when in iDVD.

Yours Bengt W

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2014 12:28 AM in response to NowhereMan

Hi

Most probably a corrupted pref file.

BUT

Share to iDVD - is no good way to go - the DVD will not be as good as it can be from iMovie'11 (9.0.9)

Do: Share to Media Browser - and as MEDIUM - HD will not improve either as iDVD does a bad job in Scaling Down.

Then in iDVD - You find Your movie under the Media button (down to the right) and here Movies.

Use a name that is easy to remember - You can change it when in iDVD.

Yours Bengt W

iMovie won't export to iDVD...why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.