Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPad.

Even if they get a register a new Apple account, will the device still have the same serial number?

Will I be able to know if someone is using said device because I have the same serial number registered here as them?

Please and thank you.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3, White iPad mini WiFi

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 1:55 AM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2014 2:36 AM in response to VheeB

An iPad will retain its serial number, it doesn't change - it will be able to be used with a person's iTunes and the iTunes store.

If your iPad has been stolen then Uunless you had Find My iPad enabled on it then you won't be able to try and locate it - it can't be located via its serial number. If you did have it enabled then you could try locating it either via http://icloud.com on a computer or the Find My iPhone app on another iOS device - but that will only work if it's connected to a network and the device hasn't already been wiped and/or Find My iPad disabled on it.

You've reported it to the police ? You should also change your iTunes account password, your email account passwords, and any passwords that you'd stored on websites/emails/notes etc.

Mar 3, 2014 4:14 AM in response to King_Penguin

Yeah, I figured I needed the Find My iPhone app enabled. And yes, it has been reported. Doubt they'd find anything though, as police here aren't really good at their jobs. I have disabled every account except g-mail because it saves the last activity on that iPad and can map the location.

Question: Why can't they track an iPad using its SN? Is it because it's possible that people may have multiple accounts? But they still save the info, right?

Stolen iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.