Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.1.5 (5) does not connect my iPod Touch

Hi,

My iPod Touch, 3rd generation is not recognised by iTunes 11.1.5 (5). I'm on Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

It was working fine before the latest iTunes release.

Thanks

Teddy

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 2:56 AM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2014 3:07 AM in response to SplashGordon

Hello SplashGordon,

Try the steps as mentioned in below Apple Support kb and also Reset the settings on your iPod.

Reset iPod Touch (No data will be lost)

Disconnect your iPod from the Mac if it is connected and do the following.

On your iPod go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset All Settings and click on continue and let the iPod Restart and try connecting your iPod to your Mac and see if it gets detected in iTunes also Restart your Mac once before connecting the iPod.

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X : http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1591

Mar 3, 2014 3:48 AM in response to SplashGordon

SplashGordon wrote:

All setting reset.

Still does not connect.

Have you also gone through the link that I provided in my above post and followed the steps as mentioned in that Apple Support kb ?

Aslo if you have a different Apple Usb Sync Cable for your iPod then try connecting with that to a different Usb port on your Mac and see if that works, but also once go through the above Apple Support kb. And if possible then try to connect your iPod to a different Computer and check if its detecting there, but before you connect your iPod to a different computer make sure you disable Auto Sync feature on that Computer and to do that open iTunes on the other computer> click on iTunes in the Menu bar (for Mac) or go to Edit (on windows)> Preferences> Devices Tab> and check the option next to Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing Automatically.

iTunes 11.1.5 (5) does not connect my iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.