Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 stuck on Apple logo with progress bar not moving.

I've been trying to restore and update my iPhone 5 but its stuck on the Apple logo with the progress bar not moving. iTune is at the latest version andbeen trying different usb and still not working. Any idea how to fix it? I've waited for 6 hours and still no update on the progress bar.

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 5:23 AM

19 replies

Mar 4, 2014 6:07 AM in response to joimaiveeer

My iPhone 5 was stuck on the Apple Logo when I was trying to jailbreak it. I had to restore my phone to resolve this problem. You will have to do this by putting your phone into DFU (recovery) mode:

1. Connect your iPhone 5 to your computer via USB cable.

2. Switch off your iPhone 5

3. Now hold down the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for exactly 10 seconds

4. Let go of the Power button only – continue holding Home until your computer detects a USB device

5. iTunes should now have detected that your iPhone is plugged in. Now Restore your device.

Hope it helps!

Sep 28, 2014 7:30 PM in response to joimaiveeer

Don't worry, just follow these steps to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo

=> First of all Start your Computer and then connect with Internet connection, now Download the latest version of the iTunes application

=> Now install the iTunes application in your System and connect your Device with computer via Data cable

=> Now connect your Device with iTunes application and then Tab on summary option, see in the left side bar of iTunes

=> Now Select restore option from iTunes and then confirm the Restore Message for better results. After this unplug your Device and Restart it

I hope that will surely

Thank you...

Aug 21, 2015 4:35 PM in response to joimaiveeer

Hey Joimaiveer,

This is an old post, sorry for bumping it, but currently, i'm in the same situation you were in when you first started this post.

My phone doesn't even start but it gets detected on itunes, when i try to restore it it gets stuck on the apple logo and an empty progress bar that doesn't seem to move at all ...

Did you fix your problem, if you did can you please tell me how, cause i'm starting to think it's a hardware related problem, please tell me i'm wrong haha.

Hope you see this, and have a good night.

Aug 31, 2015 2:37 AM in response to _huk_

Hi

Turn iPhone OFF

Connect lead to USB on your PC

Press & hold power button down DONT let go

Connect lead to IPhone keep power button pressed down

Until PC sees iphone.

You may need to do this a few times before it works.

If this doesn't help its a battery /hardware fault make an Appointment at apple store .

Cheers

Brian (uk)

Ps maybe time to upgrade ?

iPhone 5 stuck on Apple logo with progress bar not moving.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.