Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

automatically record videos using specific times/dates

Hello,

I'm looking for an app that will automatically record, off of my webcam, videos according to specific days and time. For example, I'm looking to record 3 hours everyday weekday between 9:00am and 12:00pm. I would like to select where the video would be stored (need to store it on my external hard drive).

I have seen some softwares that gives me the option to record whith a motion detector but my goal is to record everything including sound for those 3 hours every day.

Any apps out there to do such a thing? Thanks !

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 5:50 AM

5 replies

Mar 4, 2014 8:51 AM in response to One-Leg

One-Leg wrote: Not really what I'm looking for...

OK. Then your best bet is probably to write some Automator or AppleScript that uses QuickTime or iMovie.

Both QT and iMovie are scriptable and can probably do what you want if you can write the code.

Automator is the much simpler, but it may be limited if you need very complicated workflows. By contrast, the exceedingly powerful AppleScript can probably do whatever you need. However,

unless you are already familiar with AppleScript, itwill require far more study and practice than Automator to gain proficiency.

On-line research materials and tutorials are available for both Automator and AppleScript. If you need more help after trying to learn on your own, search Mac OS X Technologies: Mac OS & System Software: Apple Support Communities discussions. You might find something there might meet your needs or at least give you a starting point. Alternatively, you might find an AppleScript programmer in your local Mac Computer Club or Users Group who is willing to help or even to write something for you at a reasonable cost.

automatically record videos using specific times/dates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.