Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove this: ams1.ib.adnxs.com

I was simply surfing on the net and then every time i open a page this adds comes out from ; ams1.ib.adnxs.com

the i read and is a virus/malware.

HOW CAN I REMOVE IT?

PLEASE HELP

AAAA

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 5:36 AM

Settings>Safari>Clear History, Cookies and Data

11 replies

Mar 3, 2014 8:07 AM in response to Atahuallpa

You either have some adware installed or you have a network issue, such as a poisoned DNS or hacked wifi router. See my Adware Removal Guide. Be sure to see the "Is it adware?" section first.

Edit: I'm not sure why people always tell folks to clear caches and cookies in these circumstances... I don't think I've ever seen a case where that would be a solution to this problem.

Apr 24, 2014 2:25 AM in response to thomas_r.

Hi, I have the same problem. I cannot navigate in any browser without having tons of popups everywhere.

It is probably someting I installed but cant find it anywhere. I checked my applications folder, extensions in the browsers ... nothing.. can't find anything suspicious. 😟

I also check your adware removal guide but it has no information about this...

This is really crazy and the first time in 6 years using mac.

Apr 29, 2014 3:32 AM in response to Atahuallpa

I have got the same issue here.

It happens just on one of my macs and just on chrome.

I tried reinstalling chrome and checked everything with ClamAV but the virus/malware is still there. Also Adblock will block the malware but I will still see the empty windows that I need to close.

Any ideas? I need help here!

btw I switched to firefox for now.

Apr 29, 2014 3:42 AM in response to PrettyFly

If you are seeing the same thing that Atahuallpa's screen shot shows, you are infected with the Downlite adware. See:

http://www.thesafemac.com/arg-downlite

Note that this adware often is installed alongside one or more other adware programs, so you'd be wise to use my Adware Removal Guide to search for anything else.

(Fair disclosure: The Safe Mac is my site, and contains a Donate button, so I may receive compensation for providing links to The Safe Mac. Donations are not required.)

Apr 29, 2014 9:48 AM in response to Atahuallpa

OK, thanks.. I was finally able to fix it.

What I did was finding these files:

/Library/Application Support/VSearch

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.vsearch.agent.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vsearch.daemon.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vsearch.helper.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/Jack.plist

/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/Jack

/System/Library/Frameworks/VSearch.framework

move them to trash, empty trash and restart the mac.

Not all of these files were there, only 3 or 4 but it worked...

What a crazy stuff.. for a couple of days I felt I had a windows PC.. what a nightmare.

How to remove this: ams1.ib.adnxs.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.