Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air w/ Garageband 2.0. App closes when trying to open a song recorded using iRig Pro. Any suggestion?

I have the iPad Air version 7.0 using Garageband 2.0. I recorded a song using iRig Pro, saved as usual but now when I try to open the song, the song try's to open but then closes the app. All my other songs open normally. I tried resetting Garageband, rebooting my iPad and ensured I have latest updates. Any suggestions to what the problem maybe and how to avoid this trouble for future recordings? Your help is greatly appreciated.

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 7.0.6, iPad Air

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 10:33 AM

This may happen, if you do not have enough free memory on your iPad. If garageBAnd crashed, when trying to open the song, you will probably not be able to rescue the song, but make sure, you have plenty of free memory, when you are working on a project.

6 replies

Mar 5, 2014 7:13 AM in response to Sgt_Walrus

Where have you found the recording as an MP4 loop? On your computer? I GarageBand's Loop Browser?

If it does appear in the Loop Browser, open a new project and dragthe loop from the Loop Browser to a new track.

Also, do you know what I did wrong so that it saved it as an MP4 loop?

It looks like you did not save the song but share it. If you share to FaceBook or to YouTube, the song will be saved as a movie showing an image of the GarageBand logo, see: Share GarageBand songs

iPad Air w/ Garageband 2.0. App closes when trying to open a song recorded using iRig Pro. Any suggestion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.