Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a IPOD 5th generation with more than 1000 titles of music

I bought it in 2007. I then lost it and lost my itune access too. In 2012 I started a new i tunes account and downloaded around 20 titles of music. After that I received my IPOD back. Now I do not know how synchronize my IPOD in a way that my laptop that my itunes center is receiving the titles of my IPOD and that I do not risk to delete any titles by synchrizing. When I tried to synchronize I am asked if I want to delete titles from my IPOD. So I do not know what to do....I want simply to copy all 1000 titles from my IPOD to my Itunes center and not the other way round. Thank you.

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 7:54 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2014 1:21 PM in response to bilk2014

You cannot use iTunes to transfer song files from iPod to computer (except for songs purchased from the iTunes Store). iTunes syncing is generally in one direction, from the computer's iTunes library to the iPod. However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer song files from iPod to computer. If you do an Internet search on something like "ipod transfer," you should get some links. (The CNET article seems to be popular.)

Once the song files are on your computer's drive, you can add them to your current iTunes library. Then, with your new and old songs consolidated, you can sync your iPod to that library.

NOTE: If your old songs were purchased from the iTunes Store, you can re-download them at no cost. You need to sign in to the iTunes Store using the Apple ID used to make the purchases. From the iTunes Store Home screen, click on Purchased under QUICK LINKS. On the Purchased screen, you can find previous purchases and download them into your current iTunes library.

I have a IPOD 5th generation with more than 1000 titles of music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.