Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync pictures from iPad to Computer

Hello friends. I will try to explain my problem.

I have my Ipad, with tons of pictures.

The albums are:

Cameral Roll

Friend

Varios

Private

NASA

Family

Adventures *

Mountains *

Almanchares *

The Simpsons

Birthdays

Tooway

* They are folder that I can't delete in the ipad, and I can't delete pictures inside them. The pictures in those folder aren't in Camera Roll

I want to download EVERYTHING to my computer (my computer doesn't have any pictures from the iPad), but the iTunes always try to copy from the PC to IPad, and reading in the forums, I rhink that the sync will delete everything that is not from the Camera Roll.

How can I syc from the iPad to Pc.

If the iPad is a mobile device, I think that not always the pictures come from the Pc, some time (like me) the pictures come from the iPad to the Home (Pc)

Is very frustrating, because is not flexible the itunes.... Just from Pc to DEvice.....

Second question: After moving/copying the pictures, how can I delete those folder that I can't delete, or just some pictures.....

Thank you

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 8:59 AM

PC or MAC?

when you plug into your computer, do not sync right away. Stop the sync by hitting the little x in the step box.

On a mac, you can set it up to open I photo when you plug in. If you have not set it that way, dont worry, simply stop the sync and open I photo manually. On the left pane, the pad (or phone) will show up, like it does in I tunes, and you import all the pics to your computer there.

On a pc, stop the sync, then look for the pad in My computer. It will show up as any othey type of storage you may have plugged in. Then import those pictures to whatever photo program us are using on your PC. The default is my photos.

Once you get the photos on the PC, edit, delete and change to your hearts content. Then in i tunes, identify which photos or albums you want to move back to the pad in the photos tab.

Then sync.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2014 8:59 AM in response to hgonzale

PC or MAC?

when you plug into your computer, do not sync right away. Stop the sync by hitting the little x in the step box.

On a mac, you can set it up to open I photo when you plug in. If you have not set it that way, dont worry, simply stop the sync and open I photo manually. On the left pane, the pad (or phone) will show up, like it does in I tunes, and you import all the pics to your computer there.

On a pc, stop the sync, then look for the pad in My computer. It will show up as any othey type of storage you may have plugged in. Then import those pictures to whatever photo program us are using on your PC. The default is my photos.

Once you get the photos on the PC, edit, delete and change to your hearts content. Then in i tunes, identify which photos or albums you want to move back to the pad in the photos tab.

Then sync.

Mar 3, 2014 9:12 AM in response to pjl123

Thank you. Interesting my friend.

Now some information and questions.

1.- Pc.....

2.- I opened the Mass Storage Device but I can't see the pictures from the album with *

3.- How can I download them? And after downloading them, how can delete some pictures (with *) or whole album with *?

4.- If I copy all pictures (not organizated from Mass Storage device) to my Pc, I need to organice it again for the sync....... In the PC the pictures will be in a entire directory..... Is about 4K o 5K picts....

Mar 3, 2014 9:29 AM in response to hgonzale

it has been a while since I tried this.....(I use a mac at home for syncing...)

I just plugged the pad into my office computer. In my computer on the PC - the pad showed up as a camera. It wanted me to open the camera wizard, which I did. It now shows me thumnails or lists of all the pictures on the camera. I can select any or all, and the PC will import them to "My Pictures". (windows XP. Not sure what you see on a more current windows version, but the functionality should be there.)

Once you get them imported, clean them up and arrange into whatever albums (Folders) you want. In some respects this works better on a pc than a mac (in my opinion).

When you are done - go back to i tunes. In the folder tab, make sure you identify your my picture folder as your photo storage location, and include all those folders. Then select the ones you want back on the pad. theey will show up as albums.

then sync.

Sync pictures from iPad to Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.