Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay stopped working after update 11.1.5 (5)

Hi,

I have installed Itunes 11.1.5 (5) and (again) after updating itunes i losd the iption to stream music to my airport 😠!!

can anybody help me (Imac 2009, OSC 10.7.5, Airport Express 2009)...

Thanks a million !

Vincent

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 11:35 AM

18 replies

Mar 9, 2014 4:13 AM in response to vtb000

And another one. Installed 11.1.5 yesterday and can no longer AirPlay to my Apple TV.

The Airplay icon illustrated by sburman was present initially but greyed out for Apple TV. Foolishly I unticked Apple TV and the AirPlay Icon dissappeared.

Prior to 11.1.5 Apple TV would also appear under Sound Output tab in System Preferences and even was selected by the OS as the default output instead of built-in speakers. Now Apple TV does not appear there either. It's as if it didn't exist to this machine.

So I have done all the router reset, power cycle routines to no help. I have re selected/passworded the network on AppleTV and MacBook Pro (OS 10.9.2) and turned off then on Home Sharing to force new password authentication in iTunes and Apple TV.

Annoyingly both my iPhone and iPad do offer the AirPlay option and when selected it works!! I can AirPlay.

So Airplay within the network does work just iTunes 11.1.5 on my OSX 10.9.2 Mac Book Pro. Do Apple read this and register a problem or do I have to make a support request?

Thanks for anyone who "knows" how to fix

Mar 15, 2014 7:40 AM in response to bh8er

I have spend a lot of this this morning on the phone to Apple support. Very helpful guy Stephen. We established in my case the not visible Airplay Icon was due to McAfee Security software firewall. Turn off the firewall AirPlay icons shows and works then back on for safety.

Beware of BT NetProtect Plus version 3.1.0.0 on Macs

Airplay stopped working after update 11.1.5 (5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.