Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Failure in iPhone 5?

Recently updated to 7.0.6 and for about a week my phone would turn off every 10-15 minutes unless it was on charge. This was already incredibly annoying and meant I had to bring my charger everywhere to turn it on as my lock button had broke about a year ago. I had to plug it into my car stereo, charge in it Sixth Form and have it on charge at home. On Sunday the phone went off as usual but now won't turn back on. When plugged in, it gets to the white screen with the Apple logo, turns on and repeats for hours. I've tried everything I can including the recovery mode etc, but constantly get errors from iTunes. I've lost everything trying to restore it which didn't work.

What's the best course of action? I've had the phone for about 18 months so I don't know if I'm covered by warrenty. Will Apple replace or repair it in store?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 12:06 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2014 1:24 PM in response to AndrewLysaght

If you did not purchase AppleCare Plus for your iPhone, then you are out of warranty. In that case, you will need to pay about $229 plus taxes for an out of warranty replacement from an Apple Store. If you purchased the Apple Care+, then you should probably get your phone replaced for free.

I purchased Apple Care+ on my iPhone 5 when I bought it on launch day, and when my battery started to bulge a month or so ago, Apple replaced it for free for me. I walked into an Apple Store and 10 minutes later walked out with a replacement iPhone (although I did make Genius Bar appointment ahead of time).

Battery Failure in iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.