Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS 10.8.5 Wi-Fi doesn't find "Preferred Network"

We installed a new modem provided by Comcast that has built in wireless. After naming and establishing the password for the network, I successfully connected via my MacBook Pro, which detected it. Once connected I accessed the "Advanced Settings" screen in the Network control panel.

Under the first "Wi-Fi" tab I dragged the new network to the top of the list of "Preferred Networks." I also confirmed that the "Remember networks this computer has joined" check-box was selected.

Yet each time the computer wakes from sleep or is restarted the Wi-Fi utility scans for networks and doesn't connect to any. When I click on the control bar icon for Wi-Fi the network appears -- usually at the bottom of the list -- and when I click on it the computer connects immediately.

Obviously this defeats the point of remembering preferred networks and is a nagging time-suck at the start of each work session. Has anyone else experienced this problem and discovered a solution?

Thanks!!

Joseph

Washington, DC

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 12:35 PM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2014 12:02 PM in response to Joseph_DC

Hello Joseph_DC

If you are having issues with it not connecting after waking from sleep, the check out the article below to troubleshoot the issue further. Check in the section Symptom: The network connection drops unexpectedly and there will be a solution just for that issue and will continue with going into Keychain Access the

iPhone: Troubleshooting No Service

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4429

Regards,

-Norm G.

OS 10.8.5 Wi-Fi doesn't find "Preferred Network"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.