Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer a kindle book from my android phone

I have a Samsung 4Sphone with several kindle books on it. My sister gave me her old (as in iPad 1) iPad. I cannot download the kindle app on my iPad as it says that I need to upgrade my operating system which I understand that I cannot do . Any ideas? I'm going on a trip and have the travel book on my phone and don't want to read it on my phone

iPad, I have an iPad 1? I don't know ois

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 1:55 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2014 11:51 PM in response to Douza54

Some developers allow you to download previous compatible versions of their apps. Try downloading the current version of the Kindle app on your computer's iTunes so that the app is in your purchase history. Then on your iPad go to the Purchased tab in the App Store app and see if you can download an older compatible version of it.

If not then you could try their cloud reader : navigate to http://read.amazon.com in Safari, and you can then add a homescreen shortcut to it (via the icon of the square with the arrow coming out of it to the left of the URL address field). You should be able to link that to your Amazon account and download the book into it.

How do I transfer a kindle book from my android phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.