Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which format for slideshows?

I am trying to clean up my computer. I have slideshows made in iPhoto. These have somehow been saved in several formats - display.m4v, mobile m4v and also .mov. Same programs. Which version should I keep?

iMac

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 3:04 PM

5 replies

Mar 4, 2014 11:26 AM in response to uniprokbs

Why are trying to clean up you computer? Are you running out of free space on your boot drive? Have you considered getting an external HD formatted OS X Extended (journled) and moving your iPhoto and iTunes libraries to it and operating them from there? That will free up lots of room on your iMac and let you keep; all of your photos.

OT

Mar 4, 2014 6:26 PM in response to Old Toad

Cleaning up because I can't find anything - or if I find a photo I no longer know if it is a duplicate or if I've moved the original into the folder. I am jettisoning iPhoto and Aperture for Lightroom 5. Need to get rid of all copies of photos so I can organize them into proper folders. I have renamed many times - what a mess! It's working out OK so far, but ran into these various versions of the same slideshows. Thanks for the advice. I am using an external hd for back-ups of all photos and also using one for Time Machine.

Which format for slideshows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.