Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i hit the space bar and my browser scrolls down, how do i fix this?

When i am typing and hit the spacebar, the browser scrolls down, and when i use the spacebar, the browser tries to leave the page. I can't get to my keyboard shortcuts, so am i looking in the wrong place or how can i fix this? i am still on snowleopard because the macbook doesn't support lion or mountain lion (only a 32 bit)

MacBook

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 8:06 AM

I don't need the feature active since I can just use the trackpad to scroll up and down but I don't know how to turn the feature off. Also, I meant the backspace (or delete) button is what tried to close my browser. This happens anytime I need to input any text that includes a space, it will scroll halfway down the page and the next letter I press will bring the screen back up. Quite annoying when trying to message or e-mail. The backspace would try to close out the browser, so any mistake I make will include pressing the delete button, then moving the mouse to close a box that asks if I'm sure I want to leave the page and then clicking again to get back to what I was doing before. Highly inconvenient

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2014 8:06 AM in response to Eustace Mendis

I don't need the feature active since I can just use the trackpad to scroll up and down but I don't know how to turn the feature off. Also, I meant the backspace (or delete) button is what tried to close my browser. This happens anytime I need to input any text that includes a space, it will scroll halfway down the page and the next letter I press will bring the screen back up. Quite annoying when trying to message or e-mail. The backspace would try to close out the browser, so any mistake I make will include pressing the delete button, then moving the mouse to close a box that asks if I'm sure I want to leave the page and then clicking again to get back to what I was doing before. Highly inconvenient

i hit the space bar and my browser scrolls down, how do i fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.