Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"LIGHTSPARK PLAYER PRO" download popup, VIRUS? malware? What is it? It is literally popping up every 15 seconds

"LIGHTSPARK PLAYER PRO" download popup, VIRUS? malware? What is it? It is literally popping up every 15 seconds.

I have no idea how I got this virus, if it is one. But it is becoming harder and harder to do anything on the web. It won't let me exit out of it either without clicking the "OK" button and it downloads something. As I exit them I go to my downloads folder and delete them all, but this has become a very bothersome issue. Help please

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 4:13 PM

12 replies

Jun 24, 2014 5:09 AM in response to jgollon20

Hey Man,

I encountered this the other day, it was a movie streaming site called noobroom pop up that one of my staff was showing me and she clicked on a link pop-up thing (idiot) however (so far) it's only on that site where it's a problem.

I haven't encountered it as a repeat thing on other sites, I deleted the download straight away and went thru the steps that thomas_r details on his website. But found no evidence of it leaving it's trail anywhere to infect me...

From my research I believe it to be malicious adware that redirects you to all sorts of nonsense, luckily that hasn't happened to this machine!

Hope you get it sorted chap as I know how frustrating things like this can be!

RR

Sep 11, 2014 7:41 PM in response to thomas_r.

Would just like to add that these instructions, found in a separate apple discussion thread, helped me solve this issue.

thomas_r, your page is a great source of helpful information. thank you for that.

the instructions found on your site helped me remove conduit, lightspark, superfish.

I had a **** of a time finding a solution. Here's to hoping the following helps others find it faster:

mac osx uninstall superfish

chrome uninstall conduit

mac osx remove lightspark

Thanks thomas_r!

"LIGHTSPARK PLAYER PRO" download popup, VIRUS? malware? What is it? It is literally popping up every 15 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.