Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iWork '09. How do I get the new version? Can't find it in the App Store...

Trying to update to the newest version of keynote so I can edit my presentations on my iPad. It keeps telling me to update. When I do, it says its the most update version, but its actually not.

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 4:20 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2014 2:24 AM in response to MacUser5678

Using the latest version of Keynote 6.1 has the following conditions:

it only runs in Mavericks, it wont run on an earlier OS

it is not an update but a new application therefore it is a paid upgrade from the Mac App Store

it is available as a free download if you purchased a Mac from October 2013 onwards, if your Mac is older it is a paid for download

If iWork 09 is installed when you obtain Keynote 6.1 the older applications are still installed allowing the two versions to be used for the diffent file types used. Best practice currently is to use 5.3 to oen those files and 6.1 to create new files.

I have iWork '09. How do I get the new version? Can't find it in the App Store...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.