Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word of Caution to Apple: Snow Leopard is one of your best programs ever invented by you. Why are you looking to discontinue it? Both your Maverick and Lion programs failed due to breeches in its security unlike Snow Leopard!

Snow Leopard is one of the best MAC programs ever invented by Apple. So, I wanted to find out why Apple has chosen to discontinue there best working, and greatest, most stable Mac Program they have ever invented. In all honesty, Apple's Lion and Maverick programs have been disastrous due to recent serious security breaches in these new programs, which did not occur with any of Apple's Snow Leopard users like myself. Part of good business is sticking with programs that are enduring and will out last the test of time and technology.

Also, Snow Leopard has proved itself by passing in terms of protecting us "Snow Leopard" users from any security breaches and other problems that have affected both your newer Lion and Maverick programs with all its great technology. Continuing to go in the direction as Apple is going in relation to our Snow Leopard Mac program (by discontinuing this great program as well as support for it) I believe could prove to be a huge and fatal business mistake. Consider enhancing Snow Leopard; in other words continue to build on such positive potential in this way more stable program than your newer ones. Again, please re-consider your decision(s). Any thoughts?

Message was edited by: Dorry40

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.8), SNow Leopard User-Great Program

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 6:19 PM

Apple isn't listening here. (I should point out however, that your premise that Snow has stronger security is not correct. The gotofail error in 10.9 was a one-off and the OSs above 10.6 have greater sandboxing for security.) I still think Snow is a great OS and should receive continued support. It will inevitably become less secure without that.

But this is a user to user forum. Send your comment to feedback.

https://ssl.apple.com/support/feedback/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2014 6:19 PM in response to Dorry40

Apple isn't listening here. (I should point out however, that your premise that Snow has stronger security is not correct. The gotofail error in 10.9 was a one-off and the OSs above 10.6 have greater sandboxing for security.) I still think Snow is a great OS and should receive continued support. It will inevitably become less secure without that.

But this is a user to user forum. Send your comment to feedback.

https://ssl.apple.com/support/feedback/

Mar 6, 2014 6:18 PM in response to WZZZ

That's true, Apple isn't listening but I will send my comment to Apple's Support/Feedback. Thanks again for your suggestion, the webpage you listed and further info and explaination about Snow Leopard because I am far from being one who can solve varying technical problems in relation to computers and their software programs, thanks again!!🙂

Word of Caution to Apple: Snow Leopard is one of your best programs ever invented by you. Why are you looking to discontinue it? Both your Maverick and Lion programs failed due to breeches in its security unlike Snow Leopard!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.