Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing problems with iPhoto

Hello all,

So, I was trying to update the iPhoto albums I have synced with my iPad, using iTunes. After it had "finished" syncing, many photos were missing from the albums. I hadn't updated the photo sync in a while, and I also have an iPhone and iPod Classic, so I figured that maybe the Photo Cache had become unwieldy and was causing problems, as I had read in other posts here that it can.

So, I deleted the iPod Photo Cache, and tried again. First problem, I think, solved. All the photos seemed to be there after a quick glance.

New problem: ALL the photos were there. From ALL the iPhoto albums, not just the ones I had selected in iTunes to sync! Ok, that's clearly better than none, but that's a LOT of disk usage.

Is there another cache I should empty before trying yet again? Again, to summarize/clarify: iTunes seems to be ignoring my selection of syncing "selected albums, etc." and the checked items that follow in those lists, and is just syncing ALL the photos now.

Thank you!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 7:33 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2014 8:07 PM in response to DrPuppet

No go. Somehow, that didn't work. The albums initially disappeared, but it's saying "restoring...." So stubborn! I don't want it to restore! How dare it!

And the photos are all still listed under the "photos" tab, if not (yet) the albums tab. And of course, I can't delete them from there, as that is supposed to be done by desyncing them. Stubborn old mule.

Mar 9, 2014 11:33 AM in response to DrPuppet

In case anyone stumbles across this, I started to suspect that I needed to do a full iPad restore, and the Apple Support fellow I spoke with agreed. So I restored settings through iTunes, set it up as a "new" device, and only then restored my most recent backup (which took forever to make, as clearly something was wrong in there). Since then, thus far, no issues. Photos syncing correctly, and the storage capacity summary bar at the bottom of iTunes is also reading correctly now.

Syncing problems with iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.