Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help, after restarting from latest update, my computer screen goes black upon startup. The apple logo comes on for a second, then all goes black except for cursor arrow.

my computer screen goes black upon start up!!! This problem began yesterday after I downloaded the latest updates and my computer restarted. Help please!

MacBook Air, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 9:40 PM

9 replies

Mar 3, 2014 11:50 PM in response to Jana777

I should add that I am living in Kazakhstan and there are no Authorized Service Dealers in the whole country, although there are some Authorized Resellers.

Living in Kazakhstan also explains the low internet speed and makes it challenging to find a better connection, at least without traveling 2 plus hours.

Jana

Mar 5, 2014 2:23 AM in response to BDAqua

I have been downloading the file for the last five hours, now have 5.13 GB of 5.3 GB and need to be away from computer for three hours. Assuming it finishes its download, what should I do next, upon getting back to my computer? Do I install it on my working computer? Transfer it to my external hard drive first? Sorry, I'm very much a newbie.

Mar 5, 2014 5:58 AM in response to Jana777

I tried to follow the instructions on the site you sent, but ended up starting to install on the disk of my working computer. It barely started, one minute of 30 had passed in the process by the time I turned off my computer. But now when I turn it in, it tries to continue with the installation. So now, two computers are down. I'm hoping you'll be back online again soon!

help, after restarting from latest update, my computer screen goes black upon startup. The apple logo comes on for a second, then all goes black except for cursor arrow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.