Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

created ringtone in iTunes 10, won't transfer to iPhone

Hello all. I have successfully created a ringtone in itunes 10 on my macbook pro, and converted it to the m4r format. The length is about 20 seconds long. I have even tried it at 6 seconds long. When I sync to my iphone 4s it gives me an error code that says that "this phone can not play this" I have also gotten the error "this phone can't transfer because the duration is too long." The only item I have checked off is the ringtone that I created. I have also tried to do the same thing on my windows based computer, but was unsuccessful in renaming the extension, so I am still in the same situation. I have tried creating the ringtone in outside programs such as ringtone creator and ringtone maker and the same result, and i have tried copying to my desktop and deleting old m4a file and making sure it is m4r. Any ideas? anything appreciated.

Thanks,

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6, macbook pro 2013

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 9:10 PM

There are no replies.

created ringtone in iTunes 10, won't transfer to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.