Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6.1.6 update, now no service. Thanks, A**le.

Hi all.

Another stellar Apple trip-up. I stupidly and blindly went ahead and updated my 3gs from 6.1.3 to.6, and the phone started back up, no service. Restarted, same thing. Restored, same thing. Did a search and found out that this was a big problem with the 6.1.3 update.

Long story short, if I turn off 3G, I get service. If I turn it on, no service.

Unlocked 3GS on AT&T gophone plan.

So tired of this.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 10:41 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2014 11:15 PM in response to Ocean20

I left my attitude, my good one, long behind with apple. I'm still ****** at them for not including my iBook PDF's Ina a backup (what the ****?) and losing them all in a restore. For the price premium, I expect more. Unfortunately, I'm locked into using Apple.

I wasn't looking for help, just venting and offering what had worked for me for the other unfortunate souls who might find themselves in the same predicament.

iOS 6.1.6 update, now no service. Thanks, A**le.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.