Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 5 Verizon-Will I be able to use my phone in The Philippines with a local filipino sim card?

Hello Everyone!

QUESTION: Will I be able to use a local sim card for cellular service when I'm in the Philippines?

- I have an IPhone 5 from Verizon Wireless

- Running IOS 7

- I've called verizon and was told that it woud work but I don't really get correct information from them sometimes so...

If this does work and you have any advice on which provider worked well for you, please let me know!

I'd love to use my phone like normal and not purchase a cheap one that is hard to operate...that's why we've got IPhones right?

Thank You!

iPhone 5, Verizon, 16GB White

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 10:44 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2014 7:31 AM in response to ecarr2202

Hi there ecarr2202,

You may find the information in the article below helpful.

iPhone and iPad: Using cellular networks while in another country

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1807

Many carriers offer international voice and data plans. Always contact your current carrier for details about international-roaming countries, SIMs, rates, and policies before you travel to another country. While you may not need an international plan to use voice or data roaming on your iPhone or iPad, your carrier may charge additional fees or higher data rates if you don't have an international plan.

-Griff W.

IPhone 5 Verizon-Will I be able to use my phone in The Philippines with a local filipino sim card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.