Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new mail message does not contain from before sending?

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 10:18 PM

From gets added automatically when you send it. Email yourself and see if it says from on it.

4 replies

Mar 4, 2014 5:50 PM in response to bobseufert

thank you for your fast response....and yes it does show up on on sent mail...to clarify i have about five email address' ....i'm sure you know why....the"from" previously allowed me to insure i was sending from the address i intended after putting together my message...I just noticed it is no longer there and i was wandering how to get it back...again thanks for your help

Mar 4, 2014 7:40 PM in response to doswfromConcord

The manual still says tap from which isn't there. The only article I could find was for IOS 6 and was for iPhone but here goes. In Mailboxes there should be a list of available email providers. At the bottom of that list should be a pen and paper icon. Tap the icon and from should be added in the address section. Tap from and choose the email address to use. Hopefully somebody has a more definite answer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.