Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My speaker doesn't work on my ipod touch ios 7

So yesterday i was listening to a music, somehow the sound stop working, but when i saw on the control center the music still running. when i turned the volume up there is written "headphones" on the top of the volume sound icon.. then i connect the earpods to the device and unplugged it. but still theres is no sound

the speaker is completely stopped working, even when typing password there is no sound. i do several reboot but still no use. there is no apple stores near me. even there is some, im out of warranty. and now i put my ipod on a box full of rice

anyone have the same issue? or solution?

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.6, black/slate

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 12:11 AM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2014 2:10 AM in response to Rakadityas

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so. There is a little switch in the headphone jack that disconnects the speaker when the headphone jack is inserted.

Try the following to rule out a software problem

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Seems you have a bad headphone jack.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

If not under warranty Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

A third-party place like the following will replace the jack for less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Replace the jack yourself

iPod Touch Repair – iFixit

Mar 11, 2014 3:36 AM in response to lllaass

I finally solved my problem. I finally found its an software problem. When i lost it, i was listening to an frozen radio. In the night i was listening to frozen radio again but with my headphones plugged. I unplug my earpods, the music apps like lag or stop for a moment. And it worked! The speakers now worked perfectly. My sugestion go to the music where you lost the sound that day. And do what i do. I hope it helped

Its sounds stupid. I delete to factory still not work. But this solved my problem

My speaker doesn't work on my ipod touch ios 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.