Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp, Device drivers not found

Hi.

I am trying to install Windows 7 using Bootcamp. I have put the Windows 7 iso file onto a memory stick using the bootcamp assistant. I have also done the other 2 checkpoints on bootcamp assistant. When I boot up the Windows install, I get to the point where I click "install now" but then a screen appears that says that a CD/DVD device driver is missing and that no device drivers were found. I can not procede from this screen. I have tried having the .iso file on one stick and the support softwre on another, both on the same, ive tried various memory sticks (usb 3.0 and 2.0) and nothing works. At one point I managed to get past this screen seemingly randomly when I used 2 USB sticks. However then I got a message saying that Windows cant be installed on this partition as it is not NTFS partitioned. So I clicked Format and then it just gave me an error. I have been at this for 4 hours and have found no solution.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 2:12 AM

5 replies

Mar 4, 2014 4:35 AM in response to ukbavaria

Try again with a new ISO

First, open boot camp assistant and delete the windows partition if one was created. Open disk utility to check that you only have 1 Mac journaled partition now

Use usb2 key only

DL a new windows 7 ISO from here and let boot camp assistant put the ISO and windows support software on the same USB drive

http://techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/

Mar 4, 2014 11:35 PM in response to turbostar

I have an iMac 21.5" (late 2012) and I (foolishly?) upgraded to Maverick OS X 10.9.2 before attempting to puting Windows 7 Pro sp1 on it via Bootcamp. Bootcamp Assistant v. 5.1.2 (481).

I've followed all of turbostar's advice above (trying 2 different usb2 keys) over and over and over and over. Each time with a clean ISO and a clean partion. I've DL from the techverse link and the link where I purchased my DL copy--a BBB accredited store that's been around since 2002.

I can't run Windows since I can't get it to install yet, so I can't follow the directions Bootcamp Software Support gives here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1720 . However, like ukbavaria, I've tried putting the unzipped contents of update 5.1.5621 on a FAT formated USB2 stick. While it's seen, and driver folders are there, the same error message of no device drivers appears and there's no "setup" you can click since Windows hasn't been installed yet.

My specialized tax software runs only on Windows, or I'd have given up by now. I've never been this frustrated by an Apple product before.

I've now been at it 13 hrs. When I installed XP via Bootcamp on my previous iMac it took 30 min, tops. I'm truly not finding a solution here or elsewhere on the web.

Bootcamp, Device drivers not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.