Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I plug headphones into my iPhone 5, the home button will not work. It switches functions to the button on the headphones only. Is that normal with the latest ios version? I just updated a brand new replacement phone.

I picked up a replacement phone today. After restoring the new iPhone from an iTunes backup, I noticed that the new phone doesn't let me use the front "Home" button on the phone if the iPhone 5 headphones are plugged into it. When plugged in the headphone button becomes the only "Home" button. I don't remember it that way on the iPhone 5 I just had. Is this the functioality I should be expecting?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 11:20 PM

There are no replies.

When I plug headphones into my iPhone 5, the home button will not work. It switches functions to the button on the headphones only. Is that normal with the latest ios version? I just updated a brand new replacement phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.