Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to connect to BT Wi-Fi Home HotSpot from my iPad

I have a new BT Wi-Fi Home Hotspot that i can cannect my printer and laptop but not my iPad2. Anyone know how to fix this?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 6:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2014 8:01 AM in response to Hotspot68

Hey there HotSpot68,

It sounds like you are having trouble connecting to your home Wi-Fi hotspot. I recommend the troubleshooting from the article named:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and on. If your Wi-Fi setting is dimmed, follow these steps.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected.
  4. Tap User uploaded file and Forget this Network.
  5. Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network.
    Note: You may need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your network requires one.
  6. Turn your Wi-Fi router off and on2. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.
  7. Update your device to the latest version of software.

If the issue persists there is additional troubleshooting for specific scenarios down toward the bottom of the article. If needed, choose the one that seems to fit your situation.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Feb 5, 2015 9:24 AM in response to sterling r

I Too had this problem,I could not log in on the hotspot nearest my parents house but it was ok everywhere else.I followed the advice above but it didn't help,I updated my Norton,windows 7 and iPad but still no joy.Then I wasted my time talking to some idiot on the Indian sub-continent to no avail.Then I was put through to an English girl who told me there was nothing could be done until the issue resolved itself.

WHat a load of B.S

I simply wrote down the home hub number that appeared at the top of my available networks list and asked my neighbour if it was theirs.It was so I asked them to press the re-boot/restart button on top of their hub and guess what...............lHOTSPOT WORKING!!!!!

I'm unable to connect to BT Wi-Fi Home HotSpot from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.