Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My itunes will not play explicit songs reglardless of the fact it is already authorized, I have completed all of the steps in the help section for this issue and nothing has changed.

Every time I try to play a song iTunes has listed as "explicit" (I didn;t even get the song from iTunes, I already had it and have merely added it to my library) I get the prompt to authorize the computer. I sign it, it says I'm already authorized and then gives me the exact same promt when I attempt to play the song again. I have followed all the steps apple has provided on this issue and nothing has helped. It's disgusting that I can't even listen to my own song. I don't use the store, so unless someone can give me a quick solution I'm just going to find another music player.

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 7:31 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2014 1:39 PM in response to beckyboola

Hello Becky,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with the explicit songs in iTunes. Have you checked to see if the explicit content is restricted in your iTunes Preferences?

If you have "Music with explicit content" checked under the Restrict menu, it will restrict music that is shared, on iTunes in the cloud, and music in the iTunes Store.

Use the steps in the following article to check these settings:

iTunes 11 for Windows: Restrict access to explicit content in the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12508

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

My itunes will not play explicit songs reglardless of the fact it is already authorized, I have completed all of the steps in the help section for this issue and nothing has changed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.