Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Chargers - Poor Quality

I have now purchased my second lightning adapter (iPhone 5) which AGAIN prompts "This Accessory Is Not Supported By This Device" - Is there any kind of support that might save me another $40? I prefer to buy Apple products so as to avoid this same message with generic versions, but I am on my second charger which has had this same issue. I have a number of friends than can relate and stick to going to TJ Maxx to buy iHome / other random companies' adapters because they save money, and I'm wondering if I have any other option but to do the same.

I don't rip my phone off the charger, or do anything outside of the charger's intended use Apple, so what exactly am I supposed to think other than that your product accessories might be poorly made? Thanks for your help.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 7:48 AM

1 reply

iPhone Chargers - Poor Quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.