Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change export settings in Compressor 4?

In the old compressor, I could export a movie and choose all my own settings pertaining to size, quality, streaming or not, keyframe rate, data rate, compression type, aspect ratio, etc..., same was true of the old Final Cut. So in making FCP X, they removed that functionality and forced me to go through Compressor to have that ability. Now they've upgraded Compressor and, apparently, removed that functionality from there, as well. So where do I go to have control over any of that? Is it possible anymore? Come on, Apple, don't make it more difficult. I'm all for upgrading a software's interface to make it more user-friendly, but don't take away functionality, please.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 7:41 AM

Found some info...

Had to save the export to the custom area, but the main thing I was missing was to show the inspector window. Once there I could manage all the settings I was complaining about 🙂

Peace. Thanks, Apple. Sorry for jumping the gun.

2 replies

How do I change export settings in Compressor 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.