Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone screen went black and I can't restore it

My iPhone screen went black about an hour ago but the phone was still on and I could use Siri. I tried turning it off and then back on which didn't make any difference. In a dark room I can dimly see the screen glow but it's still black and blank. I tried restoring my phone using iTunes but it won't let me because Find My iPhone is on. When I try to restore the phone it says I have to turn off Find My iPhone which I can't do because the screen is black. I tried asking Siri to do it but she doesn't seem to know what Find My iPhone is. Also now when I plug it into the computer it vibrates continuously. Any suggestions?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 10:35 AM

3 replies

Mar 4, 2014 12:02 PM in response to stedman1

What you're suggesting doesn't do anything because the issue is the screen is black. If the apple logo or anything else were visible, there would be no issue. Before posting my original question I had tried your suggestion multiple times. It's as if the screen has simply died. I do appreciate the suggestion and I guess I wasn't clear that I had tried that already. I'm taking it into the Apple store later today which will hopefully square it away.

My iPhone screen went black and I can't restore it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.