Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad wont charge and i hadnt backed up to cloud in forever.

My ipad wont charge and I hadnt backed up to the cloud forever.

Ive many pics etc on ipad i cant stand to loose!

How can i retrieve them?

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 11:12 AM

6 replies

Mar 4, 2014 11:15 AM in response to DaniEB1957

Will your iPad power on now at all? If the battery has drained, and it will not take a charge or work while plugged in, then you are simply out of luck now. The only way to transfer or backup data is to have a functional device. Once it is at the point of not working, there is simply nothing you can do. That is why backups need to be made before something goes wrong. Afterwards, you simply loose your data and files.

Mar 4, 2014 11:23 AM in response to DaniEB1957

Backups are like insurance - everybody hopes they never actually need them, but you keep them for those unexpected events that do cause you to rely on them.

Sorry, but once a device is completely unresponsive, all you can do is get it replaced and live with the loss. If you really want, you may be able to find a commercial company that can extract data from your disassembled solid state storage chips, but it will cost you some non-trivial fee to have that done.

BTW, if you had iCloud backups set up, they should have been happening automatically anyway - once every 24hrs whenever your iPad was plugged in, asleep and connected to a wifi network. So are you sure you do not have an automatic recent iCloud backup in place?

Mar 4, 2014 5:02 PM in response to DaniEB1957

Apple does not repair iPads, they replace them with factory refurbished replacement units. The refurb come from the same company in China that made them in the first place, and they put new screens and new batterys in them. They basically appear like new units. Since they come from the factory like that, you will have to activate it and set it up just as you did when your original iPad was new.

Remember, anything you purchased (other than audiobooks) should be re-downloadable from the iTunes, App or iBooks store. Anything you sync'd from your computer (eg. CDs you ripped into iTunes) can just be sync'd back.

my ipad wont charge and i hadnt backed up to cloud in forever.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.