Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBA keyboard shortcuts-delete key?

Ok, I know about the "delete" key on MBA (MacBook Air) in the upper right on keyboard. What I wonder is what to use in the following ex, where the Chrome browser asks for that "other" delete key with combo, to "clear browsing data". I tried the regular "delete" on keyboard in the following *pic with other two keyboard keys and it did not clear data.

(*Re PIC: I'm trying to "insert image" here on MBA by dragging over to this screen and it shows green "+" but don't see any image in here. I tried hitting the "insert image" icon of camera, and it shows a popup of a black screen and "insert here" in the black window, and try dragging over there and it tries to shut down this window and go to another page. I can't do it. Please tell me how to do this too. It must be a Mavericks thing, which I'm having trouble with!)

Description of keyboard shortcut (3 items for "clear browsing data"): shift(up arrow), command(squiggley), and that rectangle that has point on left side and an "x" in the middle (the other delete key on regular keyboard of larger computers)

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 11:28 AM

6 replies

Mar 5, 2014 7:35 AM in response to Retired Engineer

Nope did not work. This means on MBA I have to hold down 4 keys, and I do it like playing piano, first key, keep down while adding next key, then third until all 4 are held down, but this CHROME browser still does not "Clear browsing data" after trying what you said by holding down fn with the delete key. Do you have CHrome newest and have you tried to use that keyboard shortcut? Well, I can't get it to work, so I must be doing something wrong.😕

Mar 5, 2014 7:05 PM in response to Strgzr

They aren't pictures; they are just unicode characters that I "typed" into my response with the Character Viewer. You can check a box in the Keyboard pane of System Preferences to Show the Keybaard & Character Viewers in the Menu Bar. That gives you access to thousands of additional characters that can't be typed directly from the keyboard. Of course, you could also just Copy and Paste them from my previous post.

User uploaded file

MBA keyboard shortcuts-delete key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.