Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No scrolling in Finder

The problem is very simple: when the Finder window is open I cannot scroll through it by using the Apple Magic Mouse. That is, there is no scrolling in Finder for me. If I want to go to a folder which is located higher or lower of the actual visible window space I have to do it manually with the keyboard. This problem has showed up suddenly because I used to scroll in Finder using the Magic Mouse with no problems. What is happening? Where is the problem? What is the solution?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 12:15 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 6:10 AM in response to ilffv

The same thing happened to me....and it just happened suddenly...one minute you're scrolling, the next you are not. I read all kinds of stuff about deleting files and going in to accessibility and checking "inertia" for trackpad and mouse......then I changed my tracking speed from maximum to the next one down and my scrolling came back without restarting! btw, I did this for both my mouse and trackpad. It worked for me.

No scrolling in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.