Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second display in a row stopped working

After getting the new Retina Macbook Pro in October, my two year old (purchased used) Cinema Display stopped working within a day or two of connecting it to my new laptop. I took it to the Apple Store and was told it would cost $600 to fix it, so I opted to buy a refurbished Thunderbolt Display instead. Now after using the Thunderbolt Display for three months, it stopped working just as suddenly as my previously display. I hook my laptop up to it as usual, but the display stays blank. It will charge my laptop as normal, but the display appears to be off otherwise.

Has anyone had any issues like this? Could it be related to the new laptop? The previous display worked great for two years until I hoooked it up to my Macbook Pro.

Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 1:17 PM

It could be an issue with your laptop but the chances are very very slim. Unfortunately, the chances of both displays failing is also very very slim but would guess that this is in fact what happened, both displays simply died. Your TB display is still under warranty, so I would take it to an Apple store ASAP for a repair so you can re-connect it to your laptop and see if it fails again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2014 1:17 PM in response to Jenny

It could be an issue with your laptop but the chances are very very slim. Unfortunately, the chances of both displays failing is also very very slim but would guess that this is in fact what happened, both displays simply died. Your TB display is still under warranty, so I would take it to an Apple store ASAP for a repair so you can re-connect it to your laptop and see if it fails again.

Second display in a row stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.