Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting files off Time Capsule using Finder?

Hello,

I have a new Time Capule attached to my new iMac running Mavericks that has a few large files onboard that I am trying to delete.

These files are not Time Machine files but just large folders full of pictures etc. that I had either dragged over or, used Carbon Copy Cloner to get them on the Time capsule.

Can anybody explain why:

1) Does this process take soooo long?

2) Anything that I deleted just disapears with out going to the Trash on my iMac?

Thanks,

buz

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 2:11 PM

It takes a long time because you are perhaps using wireless.. and the efficiency of deleting files on a network drive is very poor.. every file has to be individually deleted and confirmed back to the computer.

2. The TC disk is a network drive. ie the files are not on the Mac at all.. therefore they do not go into the Trash on the Mac..

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2014 2:11 PM in response to buz323

It takes a long time because you are perhaps using wireless.. and the efficiency of deleting files on a network drive is very poor.. every file has to be individually deleted and confirmed back to the computer.

2. The TC disk is a network drive. ie the files are not on the Mac at all.. therefore they do not go into the Trash on the Mac..

Deleting files off Time Capsule using Finder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.