Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reseting a Mac Mini 3.1

Hello All! I have a 2007 Mac Mini 3.1 that I want to clean up and restore to let my kids have it for games and the internet. Its gotten bogged down over the years and needs a fresh start. I've already backed up everything to an external drive and my new Mac but can I restore it to factory settings with out the disc? If not, where can I get one of these coveted discs?! Thanks so much!

Anna

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 2:22 PM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2014 2:44 PM in response to AHarter2001

You cannot download earlier versions of OS X. You require the original discs that came with the computer. If you don't have them, then you could use a retail disc from an OS X version that will boot the computer. That would be Leopard 10.5.7 or later including Snow Leopard.

You can purchase Snow Leopard through the Apple Store:Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.). The price is $19.99 plus tax. You will be sent physical media by mail after placing your order.

To order replacement discs from Apple:

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support: Apple - Support - Contact Apple Support.

Reseting a Mac Mini 3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.