Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S is frozen on "Connect to iTunes" after downloading the 7.0.6 upgrade. I've turned it on and off repeatedly and it remains at "Connect to iTunes." When I connected it to my laptop I received two error messages that iPhone is in recovery mode.

My iPhone 4S is frozen on "Connect to iTunes" after downloading the 7.0.6 upgrade. I have repeatedly turned it on and off and the picture remains of iTunes and the connection. Nothing else comes on. When I connected the 4S to my laptop, I received two error messages: One from the iPhone that says: "iPhone Recovery Mode. The software is up to date... with Restore iPhone highlighted; and one from iTunes that says: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes." What can I do to get it working again without restoring it to factory settings and losing all of my media and data? Please help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 3:07 PM

4 replies

My iPhone 4S is frozen on "Connect to iTunes" after downloading the 7.0.6 upgrade. I've turned it on and off repeatedly and it remains at "Connect to iTunes." When I connected it to my laptop I received two error messages that iPhone is in recovery mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.