Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad Perfomance on retina 15" (2012)

Hi everyone,

Macbook pro Retina display was my first macbook ever, but since last year i've been getting extreme bad perfomance under heavy 3d load in bootcamp, it doesn't matter what game im playing, it starts nice with something around 40fps (lets take left 4 dead 2 here) and after about 2~5minutes it just slows down, going from 40fps to 15 in 1sec everytime and there's no way to play like this, i do some jobs in 3ds Max and its almost impossible to work.😟

I care too much about my devices, its always clean, im running my macbook with external display in a stand, so the air can flow under the machine, i just dont know what to do with this thing😐

I already tried SMC and PRAM reset, but nothing worked, even in l4d2 in OSX i have the same problem 😠, using osx/windows like browsing, watching videos its fine, but even some softwares like photoshop cc that use OpenCL for better perfomance, i notice some slow down.

With GPU-Z i noticed that gpu core/memory clock, keeps dropping A LOT⚠ (thats what cause the fps to drop like ****), dont know why it does this, the temperature is kinda strange around 61ºC, almost near when in idle⚠

User uploaded file

➕Searching on the web i see many people reporting this problem after some EFI update even in this section, so apple just release an awesome product, and after a couple of months they screw it with a single firmware update, that's very nice!😠

So why im posting this if a lot of people have the same issue?

I just want apple to say something about this, to us, their costumers, is there any solution for this? Will be there a solution? I ve done a search for prices, and its very expensive if i have to replace the motherboard (cpu/memory/gpu its all solded to the board).

Im really sad about apple for this, its been 2 years since the first retina has been released😟

Added GPU Z image

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 4:13 PM

1 reply

Bad Perfomance on retina 15" (2012)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.