Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I having problems syncing purchased music to my ipod?

Why am I having problems syncing purchased music to my ipod touch?

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 4:27 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2014 4:50 PM in response to tjobe

FYI, this forum category if for the iPod shuffle.

You probably need to set up or update your sync settings for Music. Select the iPod in iTunes. There is a bar of buttons toward the top, starting with Summary. Click on Music next to Summary. This is the iPod's Music screen, where you tell iTunes how to sync songs to the iPod.

Your selection on that Music screen needs to include those purchased songs, or they will not sync. For example, if you select one or more playlists on the Music screen to sync to the iPod, just add those purchased songs to one of those playlists. The next time you sync the iPod, those songs will get loaded.

For an iPod touch, depending on iOS version, I believe you can also download previously purchased songs directly from the iTunes Store. You just need to use the same Apple ID used for the purchases.

Why am I having problems syncing purchased music to my ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.