Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6.1.6 stuck on installing apps!

Hi everyone!

So I had previously jailbroken my iPod Touch 32GB (4G). It was so slow, I restored to one of my backups and, of course, I now have to redownload all of my iTunes Match music/Apps. 😟 Anyways, I also upgraded to iOS 6.1.6. Anyways, I'm having trouble installing apps... When I restored to the backup, it started downloading all the Apps I had installed (which will take hours because of my crapy 1.5Mbs). So I cancelled them all and decided to transport them from iTunes, which should be much faster. However, it gets stuck on "installing" when loading those apps. Here's a screenshot:User uploaded file

This is my second go at doing this. On my first Sync, it did the same with every single one of the apps, and none of them would pause/open/or anything. Tapping on them did nothing. So I restarted. And none of the apps were there. Gone. As if I'd never synched in the first place! Anyways, that screen shot is of my second go, and I feel like something's wrong. What should I do? Completely restore to original factory settings and then go about changing everything? Or re-restore to the backup?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 5:47 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2014 5:53 AM in response to lllaass

No, that's not the problem. I wish it was! This iPod is completely restored so there's at least 25GB free on it. So it's not bumping against the space. Also, the apps aren't on the iPod, so "reverting back to the previous version" wouldn't work. I'm trying to transfer them from my computer to the iPod, because downloading them would take forever with my slow internet. I haven't yet tried today because I don't currently have access to my iTunes drive (someone else is temporarily using it), but I am able to install apps by downloading them from the app store. I just don't want to have to go through and do so for all 5+ gb of apps. I just want to do it from my computer which results in above screen when syncing. 🙂 And when the sync stops... boom. All the apps stuck on installing are gone.

Mar 10, 2014 8:15 PM in response to ntomallen

Okay, I got it to work. What I did was restore my device once more from the iCloud backup. It then started downloading all the apps. I let it download all the ones that I thought wouldn't take very long, and I cancelled all the ones that were several hundred MB large. After it downloaded the smaller apps, it seemed to sync the larger apps from iTunes just fine. Bot sure what happened, but it's working great now!

iOS 6.1.6 stuck on installing apps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.