Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I convert .qcp files to files that can be played on QuickTime Player?

I have voicemails on my cell phone (Galaxy S4) from a recently deceased grandparent that I am trying to transfer onto my computer. When I transfer the files they are saved as .qcp files. How do I go about transfering these files so that I can play them on QuickTime Player or other media players??? PLEASE HELP!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 7:40 PM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2014 12:16 PM in response to back0157

I've had the same problem for about two years. Finally found a safe, reliable program from iDealshare that will convert .qcp files to just about any audio file format you want. Go to:

http://www.idealshare.net/qcp-converter.html

Unfortunately, you do have to pay for the software. Don't bother with the free trial version as it's basically only good for one file. They offer two payment options:

A: Unlimited use for 1 year = $29.99 (now thru 03/31/14; reg $39.99)

B: Lifetime use for $49.99 (now thru 03/31/14; reg $59.99)

I purchased the 1 year option as I only have so many .qcp files and don't anticipate acquiring any more. The program is fast and simple to use. You can also convert video and other file formats.

I've downloaded several free programs that claimed they can convert .qcp files but, not only did they not convert the files, they left a bunch of spammy programs on my computer that got my OS all outta whack, so I think this is well worth the money.

Hope this helps!

How do I convert .qcp files to files that can be played on QuickTime Player?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.