Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

REMOVE Documents and Data... HOW!?

No, seriously... HOW.

I have tried every **** thing I could find via a google search, and I've read countless threads with countless "well, it worked for me" stories. Nothing is fixing it. I have done everything except a master reset. I have gone to icloud.com and reset D&D, I have done it through my Mac system preferences, I have managed icloud settings via my iphone, I've erased all texts and emails. Heck I deleted an email account on my phone! Nothing changed. NOTHING.

I still have 2.7GB being taken up by D&D. My iPhone4 is only 16GB, and the majority of my space (~8 or 9GB) goes to music. According to my icloud usage, I have 5GB of 5GB. I've turned off icloud and deleted the account off my phone, and deleted apps where I could. It's gotten really frustrating that I can't take a photo or update my phone with out deleting photos or music first, (I know, I know... first world problems). I only have about 30 photos on my phone, too. No videos. No voice memos, no voice mails... I just don't want to do a master reset and lose everything since I read somewhere that if you do a backup, it'll just slap the D&D right back on there. It would just be really sweet to get those 2.7GB back, but I feel like it is a lost cause since there is no real answer. I know apple support just posted a how to about a week ago for this, but I tried both methods. I tried restarting my phone. I tried backing it up again. I tried syncing it. Nothing.

Is anyone just as frustrated as I am?! And is there ANYONE that has a solid answer?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 8:31 PM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2014 8:40 AM in response to FrareBear

Documents & Data contains... well, documents and data that are being stored/used by the apps on your phone. The only way to get rid of it is to delete the documents/data from the apps that are storing it there or delete the apps that are doing so entirely.

If you go to Settings>General>Usage, you can see exactly how much space each app on your phone is using. If you tap on the individual app you will see details of how much each is using in documents & data.

REMOVE Documents and Data... HOW!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.