Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having problem with receiving & sending out e-mail. Imap &Smtp acct failed verify username & password I don't remember my yahoo password

We have too many passwords. Now I am not able to receive or send out e-mails. apparently the connections doctors telling me the IMAP account failed tha I had to verify username & password do not match. I don't remember the password I used as I have changed the password 4 times in the last hour and I am confused. How do I get to the area that I can check the IMAP & the SMTP password. If I changed the Apple ID password would that be the same password. My username is my yahoo address. Now do I go to yahoo.com to change that password? Unfortunately, I have to wait till next Thursday to do a one to one. That is the earliest.

I am really confuse and not good with computers. Please help.

iMac

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 8:38 PM

There are no replies.

Having problem with receiving & sending out e-mail. Imap &Smtp acct failed verify username & password I don't remember my yahoo password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.