Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: Dropped iPad and it won't turn on FIX

Hi Everyone,

This is a possible fix if you dropped your iPad and will not turn on. I dropped my iPad and it wouldn't turn on! Couldnt believe it when the screen went dead and would not turn on! However when I plugged in the charger cable the iPad churpt and I cold tell it wasnt dead because it made the sound as if it were charging. Soooo, I searched online all night and I found a couple of solutions that actually worked and my iPad is working again! Yippee! I am am soo happy this worked for me! I hope the below tips will work for you!

First- connect your device to your charger cable and plug it in, listen for the "chirp/connection" sound. If you hear the sound then its not dead it just sustained some impact from the drop. Fully charge your device(if needed). If you did not hear the chirp you may have muted your device so continue to step two.

Second- hold the screen lock and home button for 30-60 seconds to reset the iOS, you should see the Apple logo appear in the middle of the screen as if it were powering on. Give it a minute to load, if this does not happen repeat the steps a few times. Make sure you are holding the "screen lock" and "home button" at the same time.

This worked for me and Im up and running! If this doesnt work I've read that a few light taps on the back with the glass facing down on a soft surface like carpet may jar it back on. I did NOT have to try this because mine came back on after I did the reset. Hope this helps! GOOD LUCK! O:-)

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 3:25 PM

Thank you so much! Held both buttons and it came back on. Very much appreciated!

1 reply

Re: Dropped iPad and it won't turn on FIX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.