Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ERROR UPGRADING FROM SNOW LEOPARD TO MOUNTAIN LION

HI GUYS,

I am using Snow Leopard and I just bought the installer from AppStore of Mountain Lion to upgrade my OS. After more or less 2 hours, I was able to finish downloading the installer. When I installed it, it says that the file cannot ber verified and it could be corrupted during the download process.

I tried to download it again but the CODE Apple sent me says it is already redeemed. Now I am stuck no doing nothing about it. I still have the file I downloaded to upgrade to Mountain Lion. I try and try to install it but getting the same error message. Apple is still not answering the right questions I have sent them.

Can I still use the original file I downloaded or do something about it?

These are the things I've done based on online forums to fix it but to no avail:

1. Repair Permissions via Disk Utility

2. Updated Snow Leopard

3. Rebooted and tried to install but still same error.

Thanks for your time and help

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2014 12:47 AM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2014 7:43 AM in response to melvicgcano

Hello there, melvicgcano.

The following Knowledge Base article provides the information on how to download your software purchase:

Download past purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Mac App Store

1. Open Mac App Store.
    User uploaded file
  2. Click Purchases at the top of the window. Your purchased apps will appear.
  3. Click Install or Download.

If you still have additional issues with downloading or your purchase in general, then please refer to this article on how to report it:

How to report an issue with your iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store purchase

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1933

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

ERROR UPGRADING FROM SNOW LEOPARD TO MOUNTAIN LION

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.